Translate

Thursday, May 31, 2012

UN-real

THESE. DAYS. HAVE. BEEN. INSANE.
Nothing like I'm used to.
I'm in a big city. THE BIGGEST city. The only city I've ever lived in.
And I SUCK at navigation.
So much has happened. I cannot even describe the details.
This week has been crazy. I feel like I have sooooooooo much to say.

This lifestyle is awesome & so different. It is so hard to eat and not be starving all the time!!!! I eat breakfast then have to wait til 2!! ( I usually snack) and dinner doesn't occur until around 9-10, and the past few days I even waited til 11-12, which is completely normal!

This city is so romantic, and everything is new. You could never have the same day in Madrid. My friends in my program are amazing. We are all so unbelievably different, and we all love to have fun.

I haven't written in a few days, so I forgot so much that has happened to describe because SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED. We had everyone over the other night for wine at our apartment, and it was essentially a girls night- super bonding- until Josh and his friends FINALLY showed up to got out at like 2:30/3, but of course we had to all hang out before leaving. That night was very fun- and very random + we were up til 6, again.

The next day we had orientation then Josh, Alina, and I (my roomies and I) ate lunch by our apartment, and it was delicious! We got back and had planned a nap, but it didn't happen, and we went shopping at the supermarket again and planned our trip to Barcelona. Javi came over for awhile, and Alina passsssed out. Josh and I left to go meet everyone at El Tigre Del Norte, it's a tapas bar where you order a drink for 6 euros, and it is a liter large, and you get all the tapas you want to eat. Josh and I got lost for about thirty minutes because we kept asking for directions, and we were pointed in the opposite direction almost every time- WHY?- because APPARENTLY there are 2 El Tigre Del Norte's, and they are a few blocks a part AND there is an apparel store called the TIGER. SO DUMB. Anyway, we found our group, and they led us there. It was amazing & delicious. ~15 of us shared a room, and we had a great time & then departed to go to 2 separate clubs. "It" got real.

We planned on going to Toledo the next day, but my body was WAY to over exhausted, so I slept in ... til 3 ( I had gone to bed at 6 again). Josh and others still went though, and they said it was AMAZINGLY beautiful - hopefully he'll get me some pictures soon.

Javi and I instead went to Parque del Retiro- the most surreal and beautiful park ever and to be in a city!? We ate lunch and relaxed outside, and it was amazing. We proceeded to an intercambio, which is where Spanish speaking and English speaking people go to learn the other language. It was basically this tucked away bar where everyone just stood an conversed and met each other. Everyone there was SO nice because they all wanted to meet people. We met several locals who bought us drinks, and I met people from Javi's program. They are also SO NICE. I was so excited because I haven't met anyone I haven't liked here. We exchanged phone numbers with several locals, and left for a bar that had food & drinks and free hookah with it. I got to meet a lot of people from Javi's program, and it was so amazing. 


We split up at around 12:30, and I met up with Josh to walk to a stand where most of the guys from our program were. It's called Heineken Bar, and it has 1 euro shots & 6 beers for 5 euros. After a bit, we left to meet the girls from my program and to go to La Pancha - a big club in Madrid. We had a great long walk altogether, and half of us ended up returning home because we had to get up for Segovia this morning, and the toll of several nights (or mornings) in Madrid was having its way. 

Segovia 
It was beautiful. I don't know how the HECK my roomies got up because they were up til 6 AGAIN. Alina had napped one day, but Josh literally hasn't slept more than 2 hours a night since we've been here. We had a tour through the cathedral and around the city, and we ate the Segovia-famous Chinchillo (pig leg roasted).

In front of the castle in Segovia 
Fun Fact: the castle from which Walt Disney got his inspiration! Thanks, Megan, I believe it was who told me that!
Thank you, Rachel, for the pic!

On top of the castle tower with the API group- Ethan, we missed you!!!
Thanks again for the pic, Rachel!!!
Upon our return, Javi and I fixed my phone- SO HAPPY MOVIL, I learned, IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VERIZON WIRELESS- lesson learned. I ended up having to buy a cheap phone for that SIM card, but it's honestly easier, so whatever. We wondered the streets, and we found another great place for eats and drinks called La Parallel (I believe). We then stopped at several other places and ended up greeting his friend Chris before I took a taxi home because of my exhaustion and because I must wake up at 7 tomorrow, and we go to SEVILLA! with my program group, Javi's and some of Alina's friends will be there too. It's going to be awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment